Tailored finance for an Anaerobic Digester.
Anaerobic digestion is a natural process in which organic waste materials go through a decomposition process which is carried out by micro-organisms in controlled conditions in the absence of oxygen.
It creates biogas and digestate which can be used as a fertiliser and soil conditioner.
What are the benefits of an Anaerobic Digester?
- Minimises waste by utilising second quality silage and manure.
- Responsible and sustainable farming.
- Odour reduction by up to 80%
- Improved slurry management.
- AD collects methane (which is 23 times more potent as a greenhouse gas than CO2) and provides a source of renewable energy that is carbon neutral.
- Pathogens such as salmonella are lowered in the feedstock.